Project Description

Old Mystic General Store
47 Main Street
Old Mystic, CT 06355

The Old Mystic General Store is a deli in the heart of Old Mystic, Connecticut, bringing you delicious sandwiches, pizza, plenty of pastries, danish and scones. They also have breakfast sandwiches and hand-scooped ice cream, all served with small town charm. Located in the heart of this quaint, tiny village, at 47 Main St., just across the street from The Old Mystic Inn. The store has been the center of the village for more than 200 years and is believed to have started sometime between 1790 to 1793, it began serving villagers employed by the mill near Whitford Brook, shoemakers, hatters, ship captains and farmers. The store operated continuously from 1822 to 1997. The Williams family owned the store for 92 years, 1875-1967. The store served as the center of Mystic village until the late 1800s, when the area around the drawbridge became known as Mystic. It was then that the area around the general store became known as Old Mystic.